The National CML Society is an INCREDIBLE- and I mean TRULY INCREDIBLE- resource for anyone diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia or CML (also known as chronic granulocytic, chronic myelocytic, or chronic myeloid leukemia).
How can The National CML Society help me?
CML is one of the more rare forms of leukemia that can go undetected for great amounts of time with no acute symptoms. As with most rare cancers (or any disease for that matter), figuring out the best way to manage this can be super tricky. The National CML Society will help anyone touched by CML navigate this rare form of leukemia. Some of the free support services they offer include:
- Ask the CML Experts portal – which enables patients &/or caregivers to interact with top medical professionals who specialize in CML (It’s so important, especially with rare cancers, to work with doctors that specialize in that particular disease.)
- CML Connection helps patients and caregivers find & build support in their local area
- Provides info on the latest treatments & clinical trials just for CML
- Connects newly diagnosed patients with other survivors
- Provides assistance when applying for Patient Assistance Programs (programs run by pharmaceutical companies to provide free medications to people who cannot afford to buy their medicine)
- Helps sponsor blood and bone marrow drives
Thanks to modern medicine, CML is quite treatable today and many survivors can live full and productive lives. The National CML Society is a one-stop-shop for everything (or most everything) CML-related. BTW, their founder Greg Stephens is one of the kindest, most dedicated cancer warriors I know. 😉
Read more about the wide variety of available cancer support services.