Navigating your way through a diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming, confusing and downright scary- and that’s a GROSS understatement. To help cancer patients & their loved ones make sense of it all, some hospitals & private oncology practices now have “Oncology Navigators” on staff. Oncology Navigators literally help patients navigate their way through a diagnosis of cancer. They’re skilled in overcoming obstacles to treatment so patients can get the best care possible.
Sounds great, right?! It is… but what if the hospital or doctor’s practice where you’re receiving treatment doesn’t offer the services of an Oncology Navigator? Or what if you want to work with a different navigator than the one you’ve been assigned to? Then what????
- you’ve just been diagnosed with cancer and don’t know what to do next
- you’ve got questions related to medical insurance… or if you don’t have medical insurance
- you’re having difficulty paying for treatments, prescriptions & life in general because of a cancer diagnosis
- you’re feeling overwhelmed & scared and would like to speak with someone about your situation… LIVESTRONG can even help connect you with a survivor with your same diagnosis
- you need info on fertility preservation (sperm banking & egg harvesting) because cancer treatments do affect fertility
- you’re having challenges at work as a result of cancer treatments
- you’d like help finding a qualified 2nd opinion
- you want help weighing the pros & cons of different treatment options
- you’d like help searching for the “right” clinical trial
- you have any questions about living with and surviving cancer
Basically, if you need advice or help with ANYTHING related to cancer… Call LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Services. Their services are free, confidential and open to anyone touched by cancer, regardless of age or type of cancer. Each Navigator is bilingual and he or she will get to know you and help you every step of the way. So whether you have cancer or are a loved one, friend, health care professional or caregiver to someone who has been diagnosed with cancer, LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Services can help… from initial diagnosis to life-after-cancer and everything in between.
To reach a LIVESTRONG Navigator:
- Call toll-free at 1.855.220.7777 (Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm CST),
- Fill out their online intake form (they promise to respond within 48 hours),
- Or visit the LIVESTRONG Cancer Navigation Center in Austin
Read more about the wide variety of available cancer support services.