If you’re an adult who has been diagnosed with cancer, live in Minnesota and are in need of financial assistance, check out Angel Foundation. Since its inception, Angel Foundation has provided thousands of dollars in non-medical emergency financial assistance such as food, gas, utilities and rent or mortgage payments.
Angel Foundation eligibility requirements include:
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must have a cancer diagnosis.
- Must be in active treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplant, hospice, palliative care or surgery with a recovery time in excess of four weeks.) Hormone therapy is not considered active treatment.
- Must be living in or treated in the seven-county metro area of Minnesota (Ramsey, Dakota, Washington, Anoka, Hennepin, Carver, or Scott counties).
- Must meet the financial guidelines set by Angel Foundation.
- Patient may only receive financial assistance once in a 24 month period.