While there is no scientific evidence linking positive thinking to survival rates, the anecdotal evidence is overwhelming. People with positive attitudes tend to recover faster from surgeries and they tend to cope better with their illnesses.
Inspirational Quotes For Cancer Patients
Here is a true story. In 2009, Boston College linebacker Mark Herzlich was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma in his left leg. Doctors put his odds of survival as low as ten percent, And even if he did survive, no one thought he would ever be able to run, much less play football again. Fast forward 2 years… Mark’s cancer is in remission and he not only walks and runs but he now plays professional football for the NY Giants (my very favorite NFL team) as #58. While Mark believes top notch medical care saved his life, he also attributes positive thinking as playing a significant role in his recovery.
“2 yrs ago I was told I might never walk again. Just WALKED off plane in Indy to play in The #SuperBowl.”
– Mark Herzlich (NFL Super Bowl Champion)
Below are a few positive thinking, inspirational quotes for people battling cancer that can help bolster their attitude:
- “Whoever said that winning isn’t everything obviously never had cancer.” – Unknown
- “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve (Superman, Actor)
- “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Proverb
- “Don’t forget that you’re human. It’s okay to have a melt down. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and then refocus on where you are headed.” – Uknown
- “I can-cer-vive.” – Unknown
- “Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” – John Diamond (British Journalist)
- “Don’t look back. You aren’t going that way.” – Unknown
- “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali (Championship US Boxer)
- “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt (US President)
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Rikki Rogers
Do you have any inspirational quotes that help get you through your cancer treatments?