Deanna’s Wish Memorial Scholarship has been established to help students whose lives have been affected by Gastro-Esophageal Cancer attend college. This scholarship grants up to $2,000 and was created by The DLH Foundation, a one-stop informational resource for patients and caregivers touched by gastro-esophageal cancers. The website includes information on treatment options, nutrition and clinical trials.
Deanna’s Wish Memorial Scholarship is available to deserving students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant has been diagnosed with esophageal or stomach cancer, or has an immediate family member (parent, grandparent, sibling, child) who has been affected by esophageal or stomach cancer.
- Must be a U.S. citizen entering or continuing college in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Recipient will have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and scored 1500 or higher on the SAT or a 21 or higher on the ACT
- Provide one or more letters of recommendations
How to Apply for the 2017 Deana’s Wish Memorial Scholarship
To become a 2017 Deana’s Wish Memorial Scholar, applicants will need to:
- Complete the application found on DHLFoundation.org.
- Submit a one-page written essay or video about how their life has been impacted by stomach or esophageal cancers.
- Include a letter of recommendation and an official copy of college or high school transcripts.
- Applications are due by March 1, 2017.
The scholarship winner(s) will be determined solely by a selection committee based on the video and application criteria listed above. Awards will be paid directly to the college in the student’s name to help with tuition or materials costs.
For more information, visit DLHFoundation.org or contact Denise Ross at 760-705-3055.