FREE High Quality Wigs for Female Cancer Patients

Cancer patients say that hair loss is one of the most emotionally devastating side effects of chemotherapy.  To help maintain a positive body image & sense of normalcy, many cancer patients opt to wear a wig.  However, some insurance companies won’t cover the cost of a wig, and the ones that do typically don’t provide enough funds to make purchasing a good quality wig an option.

Check out Lolly’s Locks… they provide high-quality wigs (made from human hair) to female cancer patients who cannot otherwise afford them.

Here’s the dealio (as my daughter always says)

To apply for a FREE wig, fill out an application (click HERE).  All applications must be submitted with proof of medical diagnosis.  Applications are approved on a case by case basis.

To qualify for a wig from Lolly’s Locks:

• You must be a female cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy, and suffering from hair loss as a result of treatments.
  • Patients can be diagnosed with any type of cancer but must be over the age of 18 years old.
  • You must reside in the USA.

Once approved, you can actually order the wig from the privacy of your own home.  A detailed order form (how you want the wig parted; straight hair, curly, medium wave, etc; hair length; % of hair highlighted; measurements for cap size; etc) will be emailed to you.  You will also have a follow-up phone conversation with Lolly’s Locks wig distributor as well as a wig stylist.  Once these conversations are completed, you should receive your wig in two weeks.

9 comments

1. [...] Read more at http://cancerhawk.com/2013/01/09/free-high-quality-wigs-for-female-cancer-patients/ [...]

2. Kay Coxwell says:

i am trying to figure out how to get my mother a free wig through you. She has Lung and Lympnoid cancer. Could you please email me back with the information on how to. Please and Thank you! -Kay

• Robyn says:

Hi Kay, Please contact Lolly’s Locks directly. The post above has links to their site along w/ contact information. They are an amazing organization and the wigs they provide are truly a work of art. I’ll also send them an email with your contact info. Pls give your mom giant hugs from me. Sending you both much love & light. Best, Robyn

3. Janet Eggers says:

My sister just passed from brain cancer and I have 3 wigs that I would love to donate to someone in need.
    They are synthetic hair, 2 light brown and 1 blond. If you would like to have them. Please let me know.
    Thank you.
    Janet Eggers

• Robyn says:

Thank you so much Janet. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I will send out an email to several organizations who help with this and I will cc: you on the emails. I’m sure one of them would LOVE the donation. Sending you & your family much love and light!

4. Cancer patients say that hair loss is one of the most emotionally devastating side effects of chemotherapy. I think your Hidden Knots Silk Base Wigs style is better, I like your hair style,thanks for sharing.

5. lisa morris says:

I am waitng on my appointment to be made to have the port-a-cath inserted for my chemo. hopefully it will be this week. My oncologist wants to do my first chemo treatment the same day. Could I still fil out form now?

• Robyn says:

Hi Lisa! Absolutely. Please connect with Lolly’s Locks as soon as you can. They are a fantastic organization and make beautiful wigs. Pls tell them Cancerhawk sent you. Sending you much love & light! xo Robyn

6. I recently found out I have colon cancer stage 3, I;ve recently started my chemo 3 weeks ago in michigan,my hair is thinning fast where i can see my scalp, If i wasnt on disability I could pay for it myself. My husband passed away after 33 years of marriage ; he had terminal cancer and passed away in 6 mo.I was able to care for him till he passed,. Thank You for hearing my story sincerely Marketta Hardy