FREE High Quality Wigs for Female Cancer Patients

Cancer patients say that hair loss is one of the most emotionally devastating side effects of chemotherapy.  To help maintain a positive body image & sense of normalcy, many cancer patients opt to wear a wig.  However, some insurance companies won’t cover the cost of a wig, and the ones that do typically don’t provide enough funds to make purchasing a good quality wig an option.

Check out Lolly’s Locks… they provide high-quality wigs (made from human hair) to female cancer patients who cannot otherwise afford them.

Here’s the dealio (as my daughter always says)

To apply for a FREE wig, fill out an application (click HERE).  All applications must be submitted with proof of medical diagnosis.  Applications are approved on a case by case basis.

To qualify for a wig from Lolly’s Locks:

• You must be a female cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy, and suffering from hair loss as a result of treatments.
  • Patients can be diagnosed with any type of cancer but must be over the age of 18 years old.
  • You must reside in the USA.

Once approved, you can actually order the wig from the privacy of your own home.  A detailed order form (how you want the wig parted; straight hair, curly, medium wave, etc; hair length; % of hair highlighted; measurements for cap size; etc) will be emailed to you.  You will also have a follow-up phone conversation with Lolly’s Locks wig distributor as well as a wig stylist.  Once these conversations are completed, you should receive your wig in two weeks.

14 comments

1. [...] Read more at http://cancerhawk.com/2013/01/09/free-high-quality-wigs-for-female-cancer-patients/ [...]

2. Kay Coxwell says:

i am trying to figure out how to get my mother a free wig through you. She has Lung and Lympnoid cancer. Could you please email me back with the information on how to. Please and Thank you! -Kay

• Robyn says:

Hi Kay, Please contact Lolly’s Locks directly. The post above has links to their site along w/ contact information. They are an amazing organization and the wigs they provide are truly a work of art. I’ll also send them an email with your contact info. Pls give your mom giant hugs from me. Sending you both much love & light. Best, Robyn

3. Janet Eggers says:

My sister just passed from brain cancer and I have 3 wigs that I would love to donate to someone in need.
    They are synthetic hair, 2 light brown and 1 blond. If you would like to have them. Please let me know.
    Thank you.
    Janet Eggers

• Robyn says:

Thank you so much Janet. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I will send out an email to several organizations who help with this and I will cc: you on the emails. I’m sure one of them would LOVE the donation. Sending you & your family much love and light!

• Nell Bauer says:

If you still have the free wigs, I would love to have them. I am cancer patient and went through radiation treatments 8 months apart, then with medication, have lost almost all of my long hair (I have 1 inch left and it is falling out). I am at a loss of getting any help.

Thank you. Please email me

4. Cancer patients say that hair loss is one of the most emotionally devastating side effects of chemotherapy. I think your Hidden Knots Silk Base Wigs style is better, I like your hair style,thanks for sharing.

5. lisa morris says:

I am waitng on my appointment to be made to have the port-a-cath inserted for my chemo. hopefully it will be this week. My oncologist wants to do my first chemo treatment the same day. Could I still fil out form now?

• Robyn says:

Hi Lisa! Absolutely. Please connect with Lolly’s Locks as soon as you can. They are a fantastic organization and make beautiful wigs. Pls tell them Cancerhawk sent you. Sending you much love & light! xo Robyn

6. I recently found out I have colon cancer stage 3, I;ve recently started my chemo 3 weeks ago in michigan,my hair is thinning fast where i can see my scalp, If i wasnt on disability I could pay for it myself. My husband passed away after 33 years of marriage ; he had terminal cancer and passed away in 6 mo.I was able to care for him till he passed,. Thank You for hearing my story sincerely Marketta Hardy

7. Nell Bauer says:

I have read the information regarding Lolly’s Locks, but in their website it only mentions free wigs for chemo patients. I have had two (2) rounds of radiation within 8 months. My long hair came out in handfuls! Do you know of someone that can help me get a wig? Thank you

• Robyn says:

Hi Nell, I have several suggestions:
      1. Connect with Lolly’s Locks and explain your situation. If they can’t help you, they may be able to refer you to another organization that can provide assistance.
      2. The American Cancer Society (ACS) has teamed with the Entertainment Industry Foundation to distribute free wigs to women across the country. Call the ACS at 1-877-227-1596 to see if they have a wig bank in your area.
      3. Check out Ruth’s Free Wig Closet at 218.927.2128.
      4. Lastly, depending on where you live, there are other organizations that may be able to provide assistance. For instance, if you live in Arizona, check out Wig Out Program.
      I hope this helps! Sending you much love & light as your continue through your treatments. xo Robyn