Thanks to a generous grant from TD Bank, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (an incredible organization that funds 250 research projects a year in hopes of finding a cure for pediatric cancer) can now help defray travel-related expenses for pediatric cancer patients. Specific areas of financial assistance include: airline tickets and gas cards; hotels & philanthropic housing; food vouchers from the hospital’s on-site cafeteria and local area restaurants. AMAZING!
Here’s the dealio (as my daughter always says)…
Currently, grants up to $2,000 can be awarded to families of pediatric cancer patients who meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be 18 years old or younger.
- The patient must be diagnosed with cancer.
- The patient’s annual family income should not be greater than $75,000.
- The patient must currently be receiving treatment for childhood cancer.
- Travel must be associated with one of the following cancer treatment facilities:
- ALL Children’s Hospital (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago – IL
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital (Little Rock, AR)
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (GA)
- Children’s Hospital of Denver (CO)
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CA)
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CA)
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (PA)
- Children’s Hospital of San Francisco (CA)
- Children’s Hospital of Seattle (WA)
- Children’s Mercy Hospital (Kansas City, MO)
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (OH)
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford, CT)
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA)
- Doernbecher Children’s Hospital (Portland, OR)
- Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto, Canada)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD)
- Kosair Children’s Hospital (Louisville, KY)
- MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX)
- Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of NY-Presbyterian (New York, NY)
- Nemours Children’s Clinic/Wolfson Children’s Hospital (Jacksonville, FL)
- NYU Medical Center (New York, NY)
- Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (Cleveland, OH)
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital (MO)
- Texas Children’s Cancer Center (Houston, TX)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN)
Applications are accepted through “certified representatives” (ie. social worker, nurse, doctor, resource specialist, etc), who will apply on the family’s behalf. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation attempts to respond to all requests within 1-2 business days. And oh, by the way, monies are provided up front, rather than requiring families to apply and wait for reimbursement. Again, AMAZING! Got questions, contact Shirley at 610-649-3034 or via e-mail Shirley@AlexsLemonade.org.